A pause for thought as I received the weekly email from an inspirational and exceptional business speaker, Nigel Risner – I highly recommend you sign up to this for thought provoking emails.
He has recently been on a trip to India and copied down the 10 Commandments and found that they really resonated with him. It is funny really, as I read them I realised they are the very same Commandments I have on a card from my Mum (which is still on my office pin board), given to me about 15 years ago!
So I thought it was timely, as we enter the Spring of 2011 that we reflect on the Commandments and have courage to move forwards towards our goals in balance…
“The Ten Indian Commandments”.
1) Remain close to the Great Spirit—a wonderful way to say we should all appreciate “higher source” in our lives whatever that may mean to you.
2) Show great respect for your fellow beings—sounds like the Indian version of the Golden Rule; Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!
3) Give assistance and kindness wherever needed—what a great reminder in a time where we have experienced so many natural disasters around the world, and have suffered with so many issues here at home.
4) Be truthful and honest at all times—honesty truly is the best policy. Integrity is the name of the game!
5) Do what you know to be right—do the right things at the right times for the right reasons—very sound advice!
6) Look after the well being of mind and body—our body is our temple and our mind is the control tower. Exercise, continue to learn and keep both mind and body active.
7) Treat the Earth and all that dwells there on with respect—be kind to every living thing and do your best to leave the planet better than when you got here.
8) Take full responsibility for your actions—It’s truly amazing how much power you gain and retain when you claim both all the good and the other.
9) Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater good—we have all been so amazingly blessed no matter your individual situation at the moment. Share those blessing with others so they too can share theirs freely.
10) Work together for the benefit of all mankind—ultimately we all share this globe and have all been put here to expand and grow. Knowing that, we all have the opportunity to create a collective future as we would like to see it. It is up to us to make that happen by communicating, loving, sharing and enjoying the spirit that is within and around us!
Plus Nigels Top Tips to live a fulfilled life…. :
1. Be willing to fail, it’s the price of greatness.
2. Focus less on making money and more on creating value.
3. Spend less, save more.
4. Leave everything you touch better than you found it.
5. Stay true to your deepest values and best ideals.
I think this is all pretty good – whatever your goals are – let us know what you think!
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and we look forward to working with you this Summer.
If you are in Bristol – come and join us this Monday 4th April – Zio’s Whiteladies Road for our Easter Meal at 7.30pm… everyone welcome.
To find out more about Nigel visit: www.nigelrisner.com