A solid night’s sleep can leave you feeling refreshed, relaxed, and ready to take on the day. Good sleeping habits are also important for your mental wellbeing, helping to minimize the risk of issues like anxiety and depression. The below resources are designed to help you achieve a solid night’s slumber.
Make Your Bedroom into a Soothing Oasis of Calm
Start with the basics—creating a sleep-friendly space.
- Make sure you’re washing bedding correctly to kill bacteria and dust mites that might otherwise leave you congested and awake.
- Invest in blackout curtains to keep light out of your bedroom. Light interferes with your body’s production of melatonin, the “sleep hormone.”
- Get a white noise machine to help block out disruptive sounds while you snooze.
- Buy a weighted blanket, which can reduce cortisol (the stress hormone) and make you sleepy.
Adapt Your Daytime Habits to Improve Your Nighttime Rest
Your actions while you’re awake impact your sleep.
- Eat foods that are shown to help combat insomnia, like eggs, bananas, and rice.
- Make sure you aren’t drinking caffeine too close to bedtime. This stimulant can interfere with your rest.
- Instead of sipping alcohol, replace this pre-bedtime habit with an alternative like warm tea.
- Get plenty of exercise during the day, ensuring you’re ready for bed at night. Energised Performance coaching can provide the guidance you need.
Invest in Technology to Support a Serene Slumber
Some cutting-edge innovations can help improve sleep quality.
- Download sleep apps like sleep trackers and relax melodies.
- Try listening to podcasts as you drift off, like BBC 3’s Slow Radio.
- Invest in bluetooth headphones, so you can make the most of your apps, podcasts, or white noise machines.
There’s nothing worse than tossing and turning at night—especially once you realise the toll a lack of sleep can take on your mental health. Trust the resources above to help you attain a deeper, better quality sleep.
We also recommend Lean Greens Drift Off Formula, a Magnesium Citrate Supplement that aids in the natural processes to fall asleep quicker and more soundly, promote relaxation of your muscles and replenish Magnesium levels.
Go to leangreens.com/KIM10 for more information and more products available to buy – enter the code KIM10 to get 10% off your order!
If you’re still working from home you may find you need a little extra movement in day to get restful sleep, check out our Working from Home Movement tips, click HERE to read.
Big support, Kim and the Energised Team
Image via Pexels