How to Feel More Confident – setting the New You for 2011
** Book onto out Make it Happen in 2011 Workshop on Sunday 6th Feb ….. **
The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives. — William James
Below are are top tips for the New Year to help you Feel Confident Inside and Out – try one each day and let us know how you get on……:
** Confidence comes from being fully content in yourself, knowing that you are good enough, inside and out. Start to be really aware about how you feel in different situations and when you don’t feel so good, step back and observe what you think has triggered the limiting behaviour – then write down how you would like to react and feel,should the trigger happen again. Then begin to change your behaviour and move forwards -believing you are good enough.
** When your life is in balance you naturally will feel more content, and calm in yourself. Write down a list including the following: work, health & fitness, fun & happiness, love and romance, friends & family, personal development, charity & environment and finance. Then score them out of 10 – 10 being truly content and 1 being completely unhappy with the situation. Then chose three areas which you would like to improve during the first 6 months of the year and write down how you are going to do this and how it will make you feel once you have done it. Then tell two people what you are going to do, so they can keep you accountable and make sure it happens! Review the whole process in June 2011!
* Sit down with your partner or best friend with a big piece of coloured paper each and write down your top ten positive qualities – then swap and write down your partner/friend’s top ten qualities and then share stories with each other – this will really help boost your confidence and make you realise that you have some great qualities that you may not even know about!
* Be kind to yourself – choose to have positive self talk and respect yourself – it will make a huge difference to how you feel internally. Choose three keys words that make you feel good and bring back positive memories – for instance happy may bring back holiday memories. Then, if you find yourself doubting yourself – breathe out the limiting emotions, and breathe in the three positive qualities. This will help you let go, and strengthen your internal confidence.
* Give yourself time by yourself – in our modern world – especially as a mother or busy working women we often loose time for ourselves, and therefore loose our own identity – even if its just a 15min walk or cup of tea in a peaceful cafe – give yourself time to touch base with yourself. The only thing we can control is our own emotions so make sure you always remain aware of how you are, and who you are.
* Take some time at the beginning of the year to create a goals board/poster of all your ideas for the year – fill it with everything that you would like to have in your life, and then place it somewhere in your house that reminds you of what you are going to achieve – committing and making the time to create this is part of the process of making your dreams a reality – I dare you to give it a go… this is a great things for couple/families to do together
* Go to the shops and buy a beautiful notebook that reflects all your positive qualities – then each night write down two or three things that have happened that made you feel good – however small, this will help you have a good, restful sleep in a peaceful way. If you are stressed from your day then write it all down and how you can resolve this n the morning – this will allow you to have a good sleep!
* Spend time with people who allow you to be yourself, feel confident and relaxed with. Plan at least one thing a week with these people to allow your confidence and internal self worth to grow.
* To be internally confident we must allow ourselves to receive and accept compliments, as well as give. The balance needs to be equal so when someone compliments you allow yourself to accept and acknowledge the complement – it will boost your self esteem and make the other person feel good. You can then do the same back. Also give yourself a treat once or twice a month, something that will make you feel good internally as well as externally such as a bunch of your favourite flowers. It is okay to be kind to yourself:-)
Kim is a qualified Master NLP Practitioner, Hypnotherapist and Life Coach offering 1;1 and group coaching on line or in person – she is passionate about helping you feel fabulous inside and out….
Promise me you’ll always remember: “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” (Christopher Robin to Pooh – A. A. Milne)
To benefit from her expertise, support and motivation and Make your Goals Happen in 2011 come to the workshop on 6th Feb at the Chiron Centre in Bristol – easy to reach from trains, motorways and airports! Visit the courses and events to find out more…