“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, that has made all the difference.” R Frost
Through my work, sadly at times people pass away through illness or suddenly. It’s the circle of life and happens to us all. I think during these times it gives us a moment to pause and reflect, and to realise that each day, however tough is a gift to be lived and valued.
Last Sunday I ran the Great Run #stirlingmarathon with Kevin & Susan, their first every marathon. I am so very proud of them achieving it. We are raising money 4 charities… Strathcarren Hospice, Hounds for Heroes & Horses, Wormwood Pony Club RDA and Encephalitis…. if you have a spare penny to support it would truly make a difference and you can read the story here 💙 www.virginmoneygiving.com/kimingleby to support 🙏🏻
Here are some simple little tips to help you get through moments of adversity and stress, I hope they give you strength in the simplicity, and if you would like any more support do reach out and ask:
* Spend and make time with people who matter, understand & nuture relationships
* Focus, be quietly consistent with what you do and results will follow
* Be honest, trustworthy, do right always, don’t worry what others are up to
* Have a little patience & commitment, it takes a while to learn something new and then to become really good at it. Don’t give up too soon & get frustrated with yourself, this wastes precious time
* Take time to get outside in the fresh air, go for a walk with your dog & clear your mind
* Get up early each day, work hard, finish early, enjoy the evening, this will get you where you want
* Equally, Slow down, enjoy the moments, they won’t come round again
* Keep things simple, don’t think too much, just do. Things have a way of working out
* Keep a twinkle in your eye and laugh every day, for what’s the point of your day otherwise
As we celebrate life, I ask you to take a moment to reflect on what you have learned from people in your life & reach out to those you love today.
Two special people, Willie and Mary Stewart helped me bring these tips together and they would say, ‘Come on Lassie, keep trying… everything will be alright.’ Our charity page is in dedication to them.
I wish you the biggest support and strength, wherever you maybe in your life as you read this, Kim x
“The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live.” Dr Joan Borysenko
#ukrunchat #hydration #walking #run #instarunners #triathlon #advice #nuun #hion #liveclean #energisedbybounce #womensrunning #neverstoppushing #wellbeing #water