I have just been to Fitpro in Loughborough for the weekend with some of the industry experts, two really interesting blogs to follow, one based around achieving World Class Performance, and one on Nutrition post injury and hard training (we will save this for after the London Marathon, so a week Monday!).
But for now a quick thought, I rarely watch much TV but after a long day I relaxed with my partner and watched The Voice (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00k96j4) on BBC1. You may be thinking, what has this got to do with fitness and performance? In my mind everything, as there are definitely lessons to be gained. Here are my observations that anyone can begin to use right now:
1. What do you always talk about doing? If you have a dream and passion, whatever your age or background, follow it. Just look at what the 4 judges (Jessie J, Danny, Will.i.am & Sir Tom Jones) have achieved in their careers, read their biog’s, transfer it into your own life and think, what could be possible if I followed by passion?
2. Have the confidence and courage in yourself to do what you love to do, because if you are passionate about it, you will find a way to make it happen. Have courage to create your own luck.
3. Never, never give up – failures are just learning’s and actually the best way to move forwards. I fully believe that my most challenging moments are when I learn the most.
4. Remember you are a reflection of the 5 people you spend the most time with, so make sure you spend it with people who are a reflection the qualities you want – positive, self belief, support, passion, motivation etc…
5. To achieve something, you have to change something and this can often be uncomfortable but this is what allows you to achieve something. So be it losing weight, getting faster, getting fitter performing on stage, giving a world class performance or just really liking the person you are, getting there may be uncomfortable but think of the positives you will gain.
6. And as one of the Judges, Will.i.am says, ‘Trust your Gut Instinct’ it is there for a reason, ‘so that little voice in the back of your mind that say’s, just do it or that idea that keeps popping into your head but you have no idea how you are going to make it happen…. yes? Just write it down, sign up to the race, share it with those 5 people and start to make it happen. Your intuition is there for a reason, you just have to have the courage to trust yourself to do it.
So, for all those people with dreams, let us help YOU make them your goals, and make them happen.
Have a brilliant week, trust yourself and just do it….